Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
The man was finally able to free the baby deer, and he tried to give her some lettuce, to which she declined. Eventually, she went back into the woods, hoping to find her mother or some food and water.
Although this man was trying to do good and help the poor baby deer, it is important not to touch or handle wildlife unless you are trained to do so. It is important to contact a local wildlife rehabber or someone that is trained and can help the animal.
NOTE: Do not try to help wildlife of any sort unless you are trained. Find a local wildlife rehabber/rescuer or veterinarian ASAP, or call a rescue hotline. Here are some that might help!
- Deer Rescued After Falling Into Abandoned Septic Tank
- Deer Rescued by Fishermen Half Mile Out at Sea
- Endangered Baby Deer Rescued From Busy Road!
- Deer Stuck in Metal Gate is Rescued Using Dish Soap!
- Massive Team of Rescuers Save Deer Trapped in Freezing Waters in the Erie Canal
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!