Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
This French bulldog puppy was rescued from a dumpster in Vallejo, California, and a resident has been arrested on a felony animal cruelty charge.
A resident of Vallejo was arrested after a French Bulldog pup was found barely alive in a gas station dumpster. According to the Solano County Sheriff’s Office, an employee called Animal Control to report that a customer had found a small dog in a garbage dumpster.
When Animal Control arrived, the puppy was unresponsive. However, they determined that he was barely alive, clinging on to his last thread of life. The dog was taken to a local veterinarian, and his condition was stabilized but remains in serious condition. The puppy is now at the Solano County Sheriff’s Office Animal Care Division, where he can get the medical help needed.
In many animal cruelty cases, the abuser is not found. Luckily, in this case, thanks to the gas station surveillance cameras, detectives were able to find the suspect. The suspect had gotten gas and then dropped a tied plastic bag into the dumpster.
When the police showed up at the suspect’s residence, he admitted to throwing the puppy away because he thought the animal was either dead or dying. He said the puppy had recently gotten diarrhea and was “just dying.” He, however, never said that he tried to find veterinary care.
Animal abuse is more prevalent than many may think. According to PetPedia, every 60 seconds, an animal suffers from abuse, with more than 65 percent being dogs. More than 10 million animals die from abuse every year in the US alone, not including the livestock bred for consumption, who also suffer immense abuse. Animal abuse happens everywhere and is a serious issue. We need more laws to protect animals and hold abusers accountable.
Sign this petition to demand all states make all animal abuse a felony now!
- Petition: Investigate Animal Abuser Who Left Her Dogs To Die
- State Agencies Teaming Up To End Link Between Child Abuse and Animal Abuse
- PETA Artist Creates Illustrations of Disney Dogs as Neglected Pets to Raise Awareness About Animal Abuse
- New York Veterinarian Facing Multiple Counts of Animal Abuse after Shocking Photos Leaked
- UCLA Labs Accused of Animal Abuse
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!