Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
A jogger helped rescue a dog that was buried under rocks on a San Francisco beach right before a dangerous high tide.
According to the San Francisco Animal Care and Control, Gwen was rescued from Ocean Beach after she was stuck under large rocks near the sewage treatment plant.
“It is beyond lucky that we even got this call,” SF Animal Care and Control said in an Instagram post.
A jogger was reportedly on the beach when heard a muffled bark. He turned around but didn’t see anyone or any dogs.
“He decided to look around in the rocks, and he miraculously spotted a dog’s face looking up from under the rocks,” SF Animal Care and Control wrote.
After he found Gwen, he reached out to SF Animal Care and Control to help free her.
“Officer Ortega was able to find her (no small feat in itself), move large rocks, and pull her out,” they added.
Her guardian has already called the ACC to report her missing. When Gwen was rescued, Officer Ortega drove the one-year-old Springer Spaniel back home. Gwen was reunited with her family “scared and cold, but otherwise OK.”
- Dog Rescued After Being Swept Away in California Floods
- Dog Rescued After 500 Days in Shelter, and Her Joy is Contagious! [Video]
- Mini Bulldog Rescued From Freezing Lake Erie in the Nick of Time
- Wonky Faced Dog Rescued From Qatar Desert is Now Hero of a Children’s Book
- Dog Rescued After Being Thrown into the Harlem River
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!