Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Sometimes it can seem that large dogs have no idea exactly how big they are. This appears to be the case for one huge dog who can be seen attempting to squeeze into a hammock alongside his human. The Belgian Malinois can be seen attempting this feat on the TikTok account @nicolenellsworth.
In the video, the huge dog can be seen attempting to climb into a striped hammock where their human is lounging. The Malinois carefully wedges himself next to his human, using her knees to gain purchase for his acrobatic feat. Eventually, the pup manages to heft himself into the hammock. He makes himself comfortable as his person scoots over to accommodate him. The look of pride and happiness on his face is adorable.
A caption on the video shares that the huge dog weighs a whopping 117 pounds. However, the Malinois seems unconcerned about any possible weight limits the hammock may have. He just wants to be close to his human. Many viewers were quite impressed with the pup’s ability to maneuver himself into the hammock. “He fits so he sits I don’t see what’s unreasonable here,” said TikTok user Sarah. The adorable video currently has more than 153,000 likes on TikTok.
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to adopt instead of shop. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
- Hysterical Video Shows Pug Who Hates Camping
- Hilarious Video Shows Dog’s Reaction to Getting His Own Birthday Cake
- Tennessee Shelter Throws Amazing Pool Party for Dogs
- 5 Times Dogs Were Caught Napping in the Strangest Positions
- Adorable Video Shows Westie Ready to Go to College with His Human!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!