Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Nearly three weeks into rescue efforts in Turkey, a horse was found alive under rubble, and the incredible rescue has gone viral.
Source: The Sun/Youtube
Rescuers have been working tirelessly to help save countless animals that are trapped under rubble after a string of massive earthquakes hit Turkey and Syria. The powerful 7.8 magnitude earthquake tore through southern Turkey and northwestern Syria and has already been one of the deadliest in decades. Volunteers are working countless hours to rescue animals, and this horse rescue was a miracle.
Turkish businessman Tansu Yegen tweeted a video this week of a horse being pulled out from the rubble 21 days after the initial earthquake. The horse was miraculously still alive.
“Amazing amazing amazing,” Yegen wrote. “In Adiyaman, a horse found alive in the rubble of a building 21 days after the earthquake was rescued by the teams.”
In the video, people are huddled around the hole in the ground, and a man is seen at the bottom pulling a rope. He helped free the brown horse and climbed out of the hole. Yegen said that the video was shot in Adiyaman in Southeastern Turkey.
How to Help Turkey and Syria
Even before the crisis, over 15 million people in Syria were in need of humanitarian assistance according to The International Rescue Committee (IRC). Funding is urgently needed to help people who have been affected by the earthquakes. The IRC is working to provide emergency services to families in Turkey and Syria and refugee families in countries around the world. For a limited time, monthly donations will be matched as the organization works to Support communities during this crisis. They currently have over 1,000 staff inside Syria working tirelessly to provide lifesaving Support and they will be scaling up their response in Turkey as well.
Your donation will go to providing cash and essential items, such as household kits, dignity kits for women and girls, and hygiene supplies including towels and blankets. Donations will also Support essential health services in affected areas and set up safe spaces for women and children affected by the crisis. Click here to learn more about donating.
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies is also collecting funds for its disaster response emergency fund. This will Support “immediate cash assistance” in affected areas.
Remember when donating that you should never provide personal details, bank account information, or other information without verifying the organization or individual collecting donations.
- Cat with Broken Hip Rescued From Rubble in Turkey
- Syrian Veterinarians Work Tirelessly to Save Pets and Farm Animals Who Lost Their Humans in The Earthquake
- Animals Rescued from Rubble After String of Devastating Earthquakes Across Turkey and Syria
- Justice For Kaos, the Hero Earthquake Rescue Dog Who Was Callously Poisoned in His Yard
- 100 Dogs Rescued From Puerto Rico Earthquake Head to Philly for Adoption
- A Mexican Artist Made a Mural for Frida the Earthquake Dog and It’s Giving Us Life (PHOTOS)
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!