Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
A hilarious video of a dog tasting a freeze-dried strawberry for the first time and immediately going to throw it away has gone viral on TikTok.
In the video, a human asks the dog if they want to try a freeze-dried strawberry. The dog seems curious and takes the strawberry. The pup chews it a few times before realizing she doesn’t like it and calmly walks over to the trash can, uses her snout to move over the sensor to open the trash, and spits out the strawberry into the trash.
One user comments: “that was such a polite I’m not eating that 😂🥰”
Another added: “The most polite “hell no” I’ve ever seen 😂🥰”
Dogs can eat strawberries in moderation as a treat. Strawberries are high in vitamin C, fiber, and antioxidants, which can be beneficial for a dog’s health. However, it is important to remember that strawberries should not make up a significant part of a dog’s diet and should only be given as an occasional treat. Too many strawberries can cause digestive upset or lead to weight gain in dogs.
Also, it is important to remove the stem and leaves of the strawberry as they can be difficult for dogs to digest and may cause stomach upset. As with any new food, it’s best to introduce strawberries slowly and watch for any signs of adverse reactions, such as vomiting or diarrhea. If you have any concerns or questions about giving strawberries or other fruits to your dog, it’s always a good idea to consult with your veterinarian.
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to only adopt instead of shopping. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
- Abandoned Puppies Rescued by TikToker and Her Dog During Their Walk
- After Living on the Streets For So Long, Dog Finally Relaxes When He Realizes He Is in Caring Hands [Video]
- Philadelphia Veterinarians Save Dog’s Life After Suspected Accidental Drug Overdose
- Petition: Sentence This Man to a Lifetime Ban on Animal Ownership For Burying His Dog Alive
- 10 Dog Sledding Competitions That Still Exist in 2023
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!