A dog in California was swept away in the recent floods and was rescued from a storm drain thanks to an Apple AirTag.
The dog’s human was so happy to be reunited with the one-year-old Australian shepherd after he was swept away in the floods. Emilie Brill was walking Seamus in San Bernardino County when he got away from her and ended up in a flood control basin that was churning with floodwaters. The waters swept away Seamus before she could get to him.
“The water was going so fast, I think all it took was one paw in that water and he was gone,” Brill told KABC.
San Bernardino County Fire staff was dispatched, and they began to search for Seamus, according to a Facebook post. While they canvassed the area, firefighters were able to speak to an employee from a local business that said he saw the dog floating down a nearby channel and barking. The witness followed the dog and noticed he had been able to get out of the water and into an access tube.
They discovered that Seamus had an Apple AirTag, which helped rescuers pinpoint Seamus’ location. The dog was found by firefighters standing on a pile of debris at the bottom of the tube. They used a ladder to bring him up, and he was found to be uninjured. They brought him to the fire engine to dry him and warm him up before Brill took him home. An emotional video was captured of Brill’s reunion with Seamus.
Here are the full rescue tips that just may come in handy one day, and while you’re at it, sign this petition to demand all states make all animal abuse a felony now!
Planet B Not Found T-Shirt by Tiny Rescue: Climate Collection
- Dog Rescued After 500 Days in Shelter, and Her Joy is Contagious! [Video]
- Mini Bulldog Rescued From Freezing Lake Erie in the Nick of Time
- Dog Rescued After Being Thrown into the Harlem River
- Dramatic Video of Dog Rescued From Lake Michigan Rip Currents
- Dog Rescued From Around A Dumpster Still Follows New Mom Around in Fear of Abandonment
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast Fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!