Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
A deer had been freed from a ‘pumpkin prison’ after having a plastic Halloween bucket stuck on its head for weeks.
The poor dead had its snout stuck inside the orange plastic pumpkin bucket, which made it extremely difficult or impossible to eat. The white-tailed deer was spotted in Lansing, Michigan, and thankfully the South Lyon Murphy Lost Animal Recovery was able to help with the capture and rescue of the deer.
Concerned residents around the neighborhood had spotted the deer, later named Lucky, and contacted the South Lyon Murphy Lost Animal Recovery.
“Happy gotcha day Lucky!” the rescue group said on Facebook. “Congratulations on being freed from your pumpkin prison!”
The group encouraged people to properly discard their Halloween buckets and other similar items or keep them out of the reach of wild animals to avoid another situation like this.
“We can prevent this,” the group said. “Deer are sooooo curious, like all life is. We are stewards of nature and we all can do a better job.”
Unfortunately, this is not the first time that the South Lyon Murphy Lost Animal Recovery has helped rescue a deer with a bucket stuck on its head. Just recently, a deer in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan had a plastic trick-or-treating pumpkin bucket stuck on his head. The deer, Bucky, was freed from the “pumpkin prison” after not being able to eat or drink for days, the South Lyon Murphy Lost Animal Recovery.
NOTE: Do not try to help wildlife of any sort unless you are trained. Find a local wildlife rehabber/rescuer or veterinarian ASAP, or call a rescue hotline. Here are some that might help!
- Couple Rescues Baby Deer From Fence and Gives Him Second Chance at Life
- Woman Helps Raise Abandoned Baby Deer [Video]
- Deer Freed From Plastic Pumpkin Stuck on His Head After Being Unable to Eat or Drink For At Least Eight Days
- Why You Shouldn’t Attend a Live Reindeer Display this Holiday Season [Video]
- 7 Natural and Humane Ways to Keep Deer Out of Your Garden
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!