This baby elephant named Luna lives at the Samui Elephant Haven in Thailand, a sanctuary for elephants rescued from being exploited. The animals at the sanctuary come from places where they were forced to do things like trekking, circus performing, and logging. It’s amazing when we hear stories of these happy elephants finally living free from exploitation and this story is no different.
In this sweet video, baby Luna can be seen playing and rolling around on the ground. The playful little elephant rolls around in the dirt while someone sprays her with some water. The two-year-old elephant has been feeding before she decided it was time to have some fun in the water.
Luna’s mother, 33-year-old Aom is next to her the whole time, eating while her baby plays around. Aom worked as a circus animal for many years before she was finally saved. Now, she lives in the sanctuary with her baby.
The Samui Elephant Haven is home to 21 elephants and works to give them a better life than the abusive situations they were rescued from. To learn more about the sanctuary and their mission, check out their website.
- Beware! The Dark Truth Behind Guruvayur Elephant Sanctuary in India
- Ellen DeGeneres’ Recent Trip to Orphan Elephant Sanctuary Shows Exactly WHY We Need to Protect These Animals
- New Elephant Sanctuary Will Provide Safe Home for Elephants Retired From Brutal Logging Industry
- This Group of Kids Planted Tree Saplings to Celebrate Incredible Elephant Sanctuary Founder
- 35 Circus Elephants Find Home in Florida Sanctuary
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!