Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
A black cat was found abandoned in the woods near a popular hiking trail off Division Road in West Greenwich, Rhode Island. The poor feline was discovered in a plastic container with a few holes poked in it and a bag of food placed next to her. A walker chanced upon the container Sunday morning, setting off a chain of events leading to the cat’s rescue.
Now safe and sound, the cat is currently receiving the care she needs at the West Greenwich animal shelter. There’s a twist to this tale – the cat might be expecting kittens, and while she isn’t microchipped, she was found wearing a collar, suggesting she had a home at some point.
While the circumstances of her abandonment are tragic, the situation could have been worse if it had been a typical hot June day. This story underscores the need for responsible pet ownership and the importance of microchipping pets for their safety.
- Abandoned Cat Loves His Rescuers [Video]
- Three-Legged ‘Tri-Pod’ Kittens Rescued From Abandoned Cat Colony
- Sanctuary Rescues Sick and Abandoned Cat
- Abandoned Cat Who Lived for a Week With Tin Can Stuck on His Head Gets a New Life (PHOTOS)
- Kind Man Feeds Abandoned Cats in War-Torn Syria
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!