Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
The 5th annual NY Cat Film Festival and the 7th Annual NY Dog Film Festival took place this weekend in New York City. The festival gathers furry friends and celebrates filmmakers with a love for pets.
The festival premieres in New York City each year and then tours the rest of the country to show the work and effort that directors put into their films. Filmmakers will use animated, narrative, and documentary films to show their love for animals all over.
The festival was hosted by pet wellness advocate and radio host Tracie Hotchner. The cat festival was held on October 23rd at the Village East by Angelika. 10 percent of the ticket costs were donated to the local NYC non-profit The Feral Cat Initiative, which has assisted over 200,000 cats and spayed and neutered over 2,000.
The dog film festival was also held on October 23rd at the Village East by Angelika, and 10 percent of ticket costs were donated to the local non-profit NYC Second Chance Rescue. NYC Second Chance Rescue aids shelters that have a constant influx of animals, and they advocate for lower euthanasia rates.
- 30 Dead Dogs and Cats Found in Home of Animal Rescue CEO
- This Lawyer Has Dedicated His Career to Saving Dogs Ordered to be Euthanized
- Cat Plays Dead to Trick Dog Who Tries to Save Her
- Pet Homelessness Isn’t Exclusive to Dogs and Cats — Why These Animals Need Homes Too
- Cat Brings in Over $100,000 in Donations After Surviving Brutal Dog Maul
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!