Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Once malnourished and fighting for life, Bobcat, a handsome ginger feline, has taken a remarkable journey. His loving owner, Melanie Futorian, tells an uplifting tale of resilience and mutual Support.
Rescued two-and-a-half years ago by Futorian, Bobcat was in a dire state. “He was severely underweight, infested with parasites and suffering from a respiratory infection,” she recalled. The vet had grave concerns about his chances of survival. But Bobcat wasn’t ready to throw in the towel. After a 36-hour stint in the animal hospital, he staged an impressive recovery.
Today, this feral-turned-friendly feline has grown into a healthy 15-pound ball of affection. Futorian herself was unwell when she adopted Bobcat, and she credits their mutual Support for their health turnaround. “We both helped each other,” she shared.
These days, Bobcat’s quirky personality shines through. He even enjoys his own luxurious mesh tent on the balcony, complete with plants, toys, and food. Futorian captures Bobcat’s adventures in short films that have landed spots at the prestigious New York Cat Film Festival. “He’s a star now,” she beams with pride.
Feeling inspired by Bobcat’s journey? Consider opening your heart to a rescue cat in need. You never know, your future best friend might be waiting for you at the local shelter.
- Angry Bobcat Rescued from Car Grille in Wisconsin
- Rescued Bobcat Kittens Get Wild at Their First Halloween Party [Video]
- Pet Tiger and Bobcat Found in Texas Homeowner’s Garage
- End Bobcat Hunts and Protect Migratory Birds: 10 Petitions You Should Sign to Help Animals
- Bobcat Hunting Season Canceled In Indiana Thanks to Activists Who Spoke Out!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!