Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Source: CBS New York/YouTube
A popular sloth exhibit was finally shut down which led the business to begin taking the show to homes and parties. A legal battle got physical outside of the Sloth Encounters business in Long Island, CBS News reported. An animal advocate named John DiLeonardo was ordered off the property by operator Larry Wallach. DiLeonardo’s Humane Long Island has been a leading driver in the pressure to close down the animal exhibit.
Although Wallach claims that his animals are better kept than 99 percent of all other show animals, DiLeonardo is not stepping down. He is seeking a county ban on exotic animals in traveling shows.
We can help these animals by not supporting the businesses that exploit them. Refrain from buying tickets to circuses, zoos, or movies that use wild animals. This will leave these companies with less financial Support to keep their cruel practices going. If the demand for exotic pets did not exist, the exotic pet trade would not exist. So, if you agree that keeping exotic animals as pets is cruel, don’t Support it either. Do not buy from pet shops or dealers. Leave the wild in the wild.
Animal shelters are filled with cats and dogs who need loving families and homes. You can also Support the legislation to ban the ownership of exotic animals. With over 200 million live animal trades having taken place since 1975, governments must crack down on this cruel trade to protect individual animals and threatened species.
- Woohoo! Santa Fe Just Banned Traveling Wild and Exotic Animal Acts
- Bob Barker Fights to End Use of Exotic Animals in Traveling Circuses
- July 2022: Animal Law Updates that Improved the World for Animals this Month
- Cruise Ships Traveling to Alaska Are Leaving Behind A Trail of Toxic Waste in Canadian Waters
- Ringling Bros Bring Back “The Greatest Show on Earth” But This Time, Without Any Animals!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!