Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Three people and 53 dogs are safe after a plane crashed onto a snowy golf course in an emergency landing in Pewaukee, Wisconsin.
Source: FOX6 News Milwaukee/YouTube
The plane was carrying 53 high-risk adoptable dogs who were in New Orleans and on their way to various shelters to be adopted. All of the dogs and three people onboard sustained injuries but none of them were life-threatening, the Guardian reported. All of the pups are not under veterinary supervision.
“I think we were all unsure about what we were going to be arriving to but very grateful that everyone is safe,” said Maggie Tate-Techtmann, the director of organizational development at the Humane Animal Welfare Society in Waukesha County.
The plane was badly damaged, the wings were entirely ripped off, and almost 300 gallons of fuel were spilled. While they are not sure what caused the plane to crash, the National Transportation Safety Board and Federal Aviation Administration are investigating the incident.
Tate-Techtmann said the adoption of the pups should go as scheduled, but the financial resources have been stretched to help care for the dogs. They have started a fundraiser to cover medical expenses and supplies for the animals.
- Global Warming is Making it Harder for Planes to Take Off
- Unmanned, Solar-Powered Space Plane Safely Lands Back on Earth After 908 Days
- Man Rescues Three Dogs Who Were Abandoned On the Side of the Freeway in Houston
- Our Hearts Melted Watching This Shelter Throw a Birthday Party for Dogs Who Have Never Had One [Video]
- Deaf Dogs Go Viral For Reaction to Their Human Signing Treat
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in typical household and personal care products!