Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
As the seasons change and temperatures drop, it becomes increasingly crucial for pet parents to be mindful of the well-being of their furry companions. While our canine friends may sport a natural fur coat, it’s essential to recognize that they are not immune to the adverse effects of extreme cold.
1. Stray Pup
A passerby saw this stray dog outside in the cold, shivering with each step they took in the snow. With a hurt leg and back, the pup had a hard time trusting people. Still, these wonderful people stepped in to try and help.
2. Dangerously Cold
This news report highlights the importance of not leaving your pup outside during cold weather. After receiving many calls, the SPCA has been visiting many homes trying to make sure the dogs are okay.
3. Left to Freeze
These two pups were found by animal cruelty investigators after a call was made. Shore Animal Control entered the grim scene, sad to see that these dogs were left in a freezing garage with no source of heat.
Source: KETV NewsWatch 7/Youtube
The Nebraska Humane Society issued a warning to pet parents after a tiny 4-pound chihuahua died from being left out in the cold.
Source: KSHB 41/Youtube
Cesar, a young German shepherd, had been surrendered after being found chained up outside in the cold. Apparently, he had been chained up his entire life.
In the face of winter’s dropping temperatures, responsible pet ownership demands a heightened level of awareness and care. The examples presented in this article serve as stark reminders that our canine companions rely on us for their safety and well-being. By understanding the risks associated with leaving dogs out in the cold, we empower ourselves to take proactive measures to protect them. Whether it’s providing adequate shelter, insulating their living spaces, or simply limiting outdoor exposure during extreme weather, responsible pet parents can ensure that their dogs not only survive but thrive in the colder months.
Sign this petition to protect dogs from being left in the cold!
- Abandoned Dog Left Outside Shelter in Freezing Cold [Video]
- Mini Bulldog Rescued From Freezing Lake Erie in the Nick of Time
- Neglected Pregnant Dog Saved From Freezing Temperatures Gives Birth to Nine Puppies on Christmas
- Stray Dog Saved Stray Kittens by Keeping Them Warm on a Freezing Cold Night!
- Oh My… Dog? Dam Workers Rescue Wolf From Freezing Water!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!