For a light and colorful hors d'oeuvres option, try out these zucchini rounds topped with a healthy dollop of coconut-curry sweet potato mousse. The zucchini rounds provide a nice, crunchy bite, and the mousse is fresh with a slight kick of curry flavor.
Zucchini Rounds With Coconut Curry Mousse [Vegan]
This Recipe is :
For the Mousse:
- 1/2 cup plain vegan coconut yogurt
- 1/8 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 medium-sized sweet potato, roasted, cooled, and peeled
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut milk
- Juice of 1 lime
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- A splash of sriracha, or other hot sauce
- 2-3 large cucumbers or zucchinis
For the Garnish:
- 2 radishes, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon red onion, roughly chopped
- 2-3 baby carrots, roughly chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes
To Make the Mousse:
- Put all of the ingredients in a blender and process until very smooth. Set aside until ready to assemble the appetizers.
To Make the Garnish:
- Place everything but the coconut flakes in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the vegetables are finely and evenly chopped. Scrape mixture into a small bowl and stir in the coconut flakes.
To Make the Appetizers:
- Slice the zucchini into 1/4-inch rounds. Place a scoop of mousse on top of each slice and sprinkle with some of the garnish. Serve.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS