This unique pasta dish consists of a few simple ingredients that are bursting with flavor: "zoodles" (spiralized zucchini "noodles") with avocado, peaches, and white beans! I love creating savory dishes with peaches because it add just the right amount of sweetness to a dish. When cooking with whole food ingredients, I really like to let the natural flavors shine and complement each other.
‘Zoodles’ With Avocado, Peaches, and White Beans [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 medium - large zucchini
- 1 large peach, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup white beans
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1/4-ish cup broth
- 1-2 heaping tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (optional)
- 2-3 teaspoon garlic
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- Salt, pepper, and sriracha to taste
- Peel and slice peach and avocado. Set aside. Drain and rinse white beans. Set aside. Wash zucchini, spirialize (or use peeler) and set aside.
- Heat skillet (I used my cast iron) over medium heat. You can add the coconut oil or a tablespoon or so of broth. After a minute or so, add frozen peas and garlic.
- Once the peas are softened, add sliced peaches and white beans. Season to taste. Cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add broth to the pan, along with tahini and zoodles.
- Toss everything together and let cook/simmer for 2-3 minutes, until the zoodles are soft and "sauce" thickens.
- add to plate, top with pumpkin seeds (sunflower would work here too), and sriracha. ENJOY!
No tahini? Try cashew or almond butter!