This is an easy cheesecake that was inspired by the tradition of snacking on strawberries and cream at the Wimbledon. The nutty crust is topped with a simple, but elegant cheesecake and finished with fresh strawberries. This is the perfect dessert to finish a nice meal with.
Wimbledon Cheesecake With Strawberries [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Base:
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free oats
- 1 1/2 cups ground roasted hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons agave syrup
For the Filling:
- 1 1/2 cups cashew nuts
- 2 1/4 cups coconut cream
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1 tablespoons ground arrowroot
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Take half of the oats and ground them in a blender into a flour.
- Repeat the process with the other half.
- Add them to a large bowl and add all other ingredients.
- Mix this well to make a dough. You might have to add a bit more coconut oil to make it stick together.
- Line the bottom of a springform tin with baking paper and then add the base.
- Make sure you push it down to create an even surface.
- Put it into the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- When done take it out, let it cool down a bit and turn the oven down to 350°F.
- Add the cashews, lemon juice, and half of the coconut cream into a blender. Only use the thick coconut paste, drain the excess coconut liquid into a glass.
- Blend this until smooth. If it doesn't blend well add a bit of the coconut liquid.
- Now add the paste to a bowl and add all other filling ingredients including the rest of the coconut cream (drain the excess liquid again) and mix it together well.
- Pour the filling on top of the base in the springform and put it into the oven again for 25 -30 minutes at 350°F.
- The top layer of creme cheese will tan a bit, but that has no impact on taste.
- Cool it in the refrigerator before serving.