What’s great about this recipe is everything! It’s made with whole wheat, sweetened with minimal coconut sugar, minimal ingredients, majority of sweetness and softness is derived from the bananas, no eggs, amazing coffee flavor, multiple textures with the crunchy pecans and coffee beans. With its aesthetic appeal, it pairs amazing with a cup of coffee, and perfect for any season!
Whole Wheat Banoffee Bread [Vegan]
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 and 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans (chopped)
- 1/3 cup instant coffee grains
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F, grease a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl sift together the dry ingredients, flour, spices, baking soda, baking powder
- In another bowl mash the bananas removing any large chunks. Add the coconut sugar, oil, coffee, vanilla, until evenly combined.
- Now fold in the dry ingredients until everything comes together. Try not to over mix as bread won't rise as much!
- Pour into greased loaf pan and bake for 30-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out cleans. Once completely cool top with chocolate, roasted pecans, and coffee beans!