These brownies are delicious — moist, gooey, and chocolaty. They're low in fat and are made with whole grains! Perfect for a sweet snack or dessert!
Whole-Grain Zucchini Chocolate Brownies [Vegan, Low-Fat]
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups muscovado sugar (brown sugar will also do)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease and line one 7x7-inch cake pan.
- Whisk together first five ingredients. Mix oil and powdered sugar. The mixture will have a sandy texture.
- Add zucchini and vanilla essence. Pour warm water and mix till you get a smooth batter. Do not over mix.
- Add white vinegar. Mix well. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven after 5 minutes. Remove from the pan after another 5 minutes.
- Slice next day.