This tart is creamy, elegant, and has the simplest ingredients! Everything on the list is a whole food, totaling in 6 total ingredients (most likely, these being things you already have on hand). Bring this protein-packed, healthy fat-loaded, rich tart to any gathering for an impressive, SUPER easy dessert!
Whole Food Raw Chia Tart [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Crust:
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup dates
- 1/2 orange worth of zest
- Pinch of salt
To Make the Filling:
- 1 1/2 cup cashews (soaked)
- 1/4 cup orange juice (from same orange as zest)
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds (soaked for 30 minutes)
- Add 1 cup of cashews, the dates, the zest, and the salt in the food processor and process until you have a uniform mixture.
- Press crust into a 10-inch springform pan.
- Place the rest of the cashews, the orange juice, the syrup, the coconut oil and the chia in a dish.
- Place the filling ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth.
- Pour this over the base and decorate with optional toppings (chocolate, nuts, zest, etc).
- Place in refrigerator for a 2-3 hours before serving.