This easy Asian watercress soup has a slightly bitter taste, with some subtle sweetness. The combination of tender watercress leaves, red dates, carrots, ginger, and a drizzle of sesame oil is both unique and flavorful. Pair this soup with a bowl of white rice for a filling meal.
Watercress Soup [Vegan]
- 1 bunch of watercress, washed
- 1 tablespoon of goji berries, washed
- 6 red dates, washed
- 4 slices of ginger
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Pepper, to taste
- Heat water in a pot and add the red dates and goji berries.
- Heat oil in a pan at medium heat. Add ginger, carrots, pinch of salt, and lightly fry for 1 minute. Then transfer into the pot of water.
- Add salt, pepper, vegetable broth, and sesame oil.
- Add watercress and simmer for 15 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Serve immediately.