Walnuts provide healthy fats, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Walnuts are rich in antioxidants. Walnuts are good for the brain and support healthy aging. Walnuts are an exceptionally nutritious nut. Dates are an excellent natural sweetener and full of goodness. Roasted walnuts give this fudge a great taste. The fudge makes a guilt-free festive sweet and dessert.
Walnut Date Fudge [Vegan]
- 1 cup dates
- 3/4 cup walnut kernels
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Take one 7x7 inch square cake pan. Line it with parchment paper. Ensure that the parchment paper extends over the sides. Grease the parchment paper.
- Wash the dates and soak in hot water for 5 minutes. Remove the seeds. Chop into small pieces.
- Toast the walnut kernels in the oven. Set the temperature to 300ºF and set the timer to 10 minutes. Or, toast them in a thick bottom steel wok. Walnuts should turn fragrant and change color slightly.
- Chop toasted walnuts into small pieces.
- Take coconut oil in a nonstick pan or a thick bottom steel wok. Add dates. Cook on low flame.
- The dates will begin to soften. Mash them with a ladle and cook till the color becomes dark and mixture collects in the center as one ball.
- Add chopped walnuts and mix till evenly distributed.
- Empty the mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Keep to cool. Transfer to the refrigerator and keep for 3-4 hours. It will set.
- Cut into square slices with a sharp knife. Store in an airtight container.