This vegetable noodle pad thai provides a low-carb alternative to regular pad Thai. The homemade peanut sauce adds such a wholesome, spicy, and delicious flavor that complements the cool, crisp noodles. This dish just goes to show you that even with minimal ingredients, you can have a meal that's full-flavored and delicious.
Zoodle Pad Thai [Vegan]
For the Pad Thai:
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/2 large bell pepper
- 1/2 cup purple cabbage
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 lime, juiced
For the Toppings:
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- A handful fresh coriander
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- A squeeze of lime juice
For the Peanut Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter, smooth or crunchy
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Spiralize the carrot and zucchini, then thinly slice the bell pepper and purple cabbage.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan over medium heat and then add vegetables and lime juice. Cook for about 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly. Allow the vegetables to just soften, then transfer over to mixing bowl, and set aside.
- For the sauce, add all the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl and whisk with a fork, until well combined. It should be a good consistency, however, if you feel it is too thick add more water.
- Add 1/2 the sauce to vegetables that you set aside and stir in well.
- Place in a single serving bowl, or divide among two, and add fresh toppings and extra sauce, if you want more flavor. Serve.