Made with only vegetables and quinoa, this “fried rice” dish is loaded with protein from grains and edamame. It's lightly flavored but easily adapted to what levels of flavor you prefer, while the vegetables are easily changed according to what's in season. Best of all, this is a quick and easy meal that won't leave you hungry!
Vegetable Fried Quinoa [Vegan]
This Recipe is :
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- ½ cup frozen corn
- 2-3 tablespoons liquid aminos or tamari (you can use soy sauce as well, but the recipe will no longer be gluten-free)
- 1-2 tablespoons toasted sesame seed oil
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (optional)
- In a medium saucepan bring water to a boil. Add quinoa, cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until water is absorbed, around 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, over medium high heat add coconut oil to a wok or large skillet. Add onion and cook until translucent. Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add carrots, kale, edamame, and corn. Cook until carrots are tender and kale is wilted.
- Add cooked quinoa, liquid aminos (or tamari), and toasted sesame seed oil.
- Remove from heat and top with scallions and sesame seeds before serving.