Halloween SunButter Cups are a fun way to trick your friends into enjoying a healthy treat! They have a creamy sunflower seed butter center that is nestled in a stevia sweetened carob shell. Halloween SunButter Cups are entirely sweetened with stevia and are much better than the processed, sugar-laden version. If you have never tried sunflower seed butter or carob you will find that they are a match made in heaven. Sunflower seeds contain Vitamin E which has significant anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce symptoms of asthma and arthritis. Carob is a legume, its seed pods are ground to create a sweet dark powder that has caramel and earthy undertones. It is naturally caffeine free and is high in antioxidants that help prevent free radical damage and signs of aging. This Halloween have some fun and get creative in the kitchen by creating your own Halloween candy. Halloween SunButter Cups are perfect for any diet because they are gluten-free, vegan, paleo, sugar-free, soy-free and do not contain chocolate.
Halloween Sunbutter Cups [Vegan]
For the Carob Shell:
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup carob
- 15 drops liquid stevia
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
For the Sunbutter Filling:
- 3 tablespoons sunbutter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1-3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered stevia
- A pinch of salt
- To make the carob shell, whisk the melted coconut oil, carob powder, stevia, and vanilla together in a small bowl.
- Pour a third of the carob shell mixture into a muffin pan lined with paper or silicone liners and place in the freezer to set.
- While the base is hardening, make the filling by stirring together the SunButter, nutritional yeast, 1 Tbsp coconut flour, stevia and salt. Depending on the consistency of the SunButter you are using, add additional coconut flour until the filling becomes a wet dough.
- Remove the muffin pan from the freezer and roll the filling into balls. Place a ball into each base and flatten it into a smooth disk.
- Top with the remaining carob shell mixture and freeze for 2 hours to set.
- Store in the freezer in an air tight container and serve cold.