Rich blackberry cream cheese frosting is piled high on these dense vanilla cupcakes. The pink color of the frosting comes naturally from the blackberries — no food coloring necessary. These cute little cupcakes are perfect for weddings and other parties!
Vanilla Cupcakes With Blackberry Cream Cheese Frosting [Vegan]
For the Cupcakes:
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3/4 cup soy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup blackberries (optional)
For the Frosting:
To Make the Cupcakes:
- Preheat the oven at 350° F and place cupcake liners in a cupcake tray.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk the wet ingredients (oil, soy milk, vanilla, and vinegar) in a large bowl, add the dry mixture and stir to combine (be careful not to over mix). If you want you can even add some blackberries to the muffin mixture.
- Pour the batter in the muffin tins and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Let cool completely. In the meantime, prepare the frosting.
To Make the Frosting:
- Mash blackberries and press through a sieve so you get 1 tablespoon of juice.
- Mix butter and powdered sugar until fluffy with an electric mixer. Add cream cheese and continue mixing. Add the juice and mix to a smooth mixture. Add more icing sugar if the mixture is too runny. Decorate on top of cupcakes.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS