Twice baked potatoes are a hearty treat but when you throw some hummus into the mix this dish gets crazy-delicious. The crispy cheese tops are contrasted by the silky-smooth insides of this classic dish.
Twice Baked Cheese Hummus Potatoes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat an oven to about 180°F.
- Prick the potato a few times with a fork and cook it in a microwave until it's cooked through. This takes about 5 minutes.
- Place it in the oven and leave it to crisp up - about 20 minutes
- Remove the potato from the oven and leave it to cool for a few minutes. Slice it in half and use a spoon to scoop out most of the fluffy potato insides - leave a good thick "wall" around the outside, so the potato skin doesn't collapse.
- Place the potato insides in a bowl with the hummus and butter.
- Mash together the ingredients until they are mostly smooth and then, scoop them back into the potato shells. Top with grated cheese if you have some around.
- Place the potato halves back in the oven for about 15 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve with a side salad.