This baked spaghetti squash is the perfect winter recipe. Stuffed with a mixture of white mushrooms, kale, and white beans, it's savory, satisfying, warming, and nourishing ... Essentially, it's everything you want. This recipe will be your new obsession.
Tuscan Kale and Mushroom Stuffed Spaghetti Squash Bake [Vegan]
- 1 large spaghetti squash, halved
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup water or vegetable broth, plus more as needed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 15-ounce can white cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups kale, chopped/ripped
- Pasta sauce
- Gluten-free breadcrumbs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut the squash in half and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Fill a roasting pan with 1/3 cup water. Lay the squash cut side down in pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until soft and tender then let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sauté the tomatoes, mushrooms, white beans, and oregano in the vegetable broth (or water) for about 5 minutes. Add in kale and cook about 3 minutes, or until kale is slightly softened.
- After the squash has slightly cooled, scrape it with a fork to resemble spaghetti-like noodles, but leave it in the squash "bowl."
- Warm the pasta sauce in microwave or on stovetop.
- Mix in the sautéed vegetables then add desired amount of pasta sauce on top along with optional breadcrumbs.