The fun part here is that the ravioli doesn’t have turnip in the filling – the turnip is the shell! This is a very fast, easy way to make homemade vegan, gluten-free ravioli – even if you’re not gluten free it’s so much quicker than making your own noodles and it gets you another bit of fresh vegetables to boot. And if you’re not vegan it’s still a darn good filling. I should mention that I do not particularly care for the taste of turnips but you really don’t taste them here as long as you slice them thin enough.
Turnip Ravioli [Vegan]
- 1/2 c. raw cashews
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 1 t. soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 1 clove garlic (start with half and add more if you want more garlic flavor)
- 1/2 c. wilted spinach or 2 c. fresh
- 1 Turnip, peeled and sliced into thin circles
- Blend cashews, lemon juice, soy sauce, garlic, and spinach in a food processor until smooth.
- Take one slice of turnip and place approx. 1 tsp of the filling in the center, fold it in half, and set aside.
- Repeat until filling is gone.
- Cover with marinara sauce, letting plates sit for a couple minutes to allow the heat of the sauce to soften the turnips.