Turmeric is having a moment in the spotlight; hailed as a healing wonder spice with potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties! This vibrant granola comes together effortlessly, a combination of rolled oats, nuts and pumpkin seeds with ribbons of coconut and a sprinkling of turmeric, ginger, and nutmeg, it’s baked with coconut oil, maple syrup. It smells amazing when it’s baking; the turmeric imparts a subtle earthy flavor, it’s delicate and works in perfect harmony with the ginger, nutmeg, and vanilla.
Turmeric Granola with Goldenberry [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 5 cups gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped cashews
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup coconut flakes or ribbons
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried goldenberries
- 1/2 cup chopped dried ginger slices
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup dried raisins or blueberries
- Preheat oven to 325°F. and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper (you may need two baking sheets if you have a smaller oven).
- In a large bowl, combine oats, walnuts, cashews, pumpkin seeds, and coconut flakes.
- Add turmeric, ginger, nutmeg, and salt, and mix well to combine.
- Combine coconut oil and maple syrup in a small saucepan, heat gently over low heat until it starts to boil.
- Take off heat and whisk in vanilla extract, then pour over oat mixture and mix well to coat.
- Spread the mixture in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet(s).
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, stirring occasionally until granola has a deep golden color.
- Remove granola from oven and stir in goldenberries, ginger slices, apricot, and raisins.
- Allow granola to cool completely before serving.
- Keep granola in an airtight container and use within a month.
- Enjoy with a side of dairy-free yogurt.