This Turmeric Ginger Oatmeal is the perfect meal to wake up to on a cold day. Infused with warming aromatic spices, with all the added health benefits, this quick and easy recipe is a nourishing way to start your day.
Turmeric Ginger Oatmeal [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raisins or chopped pitted dates
- 1-inch fresh ginger root, grated (or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger)
- 1-inch fresh turmeric root, grated (or 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- A pinch of pink sea salt
- Coconut flakes
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil.
- Add the grated ginger and turmeric root to steep like a tea for 2-3 minutes before adding in the oats.
- The water will turn a golden color, once it does stir in the oats and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes, until liquid is almost fully absorbed. Add the raisins in at the end and remove from heat. Stir in the remaining spices.
- Transfer to a bowl, top with a spoonful of coconut oil, a sprinkling of pink salt and a handful of coconut flakes.