In this recipe, a raw almond base is topped with three layers of deliciousness. A rich layer of dark chocolate, a creamy coconut white chocolate layer, and a sweet raspberry layer. Your mouth is probably watering at the very thought of these amazing flavors. Enjoy these adorable heart-shaped treats with fresh strawberries and a dollop of coconut whipped cream.
Triple Layer Raspberry, White Chocolate, and Chocolate Cake Hearts [Vegan, Raw]
For the Base:
- 1 1/2 cups wet almond pulp (from 1 batch of almond milk)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup, plus 3 tablespoons cashew butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- A dash of salt
For the Chocolate Layer:
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
For the White Chocolate Layer:
- 1 tablespoon cacao butter, melted
For the Raspberry Layer:
- 2 tablespoons defrosted frozen raspberries
To Make the Base:
- Combine all the base ingredients in your food processor. Transfer to a bowl.
- Place 1/3 of the mixture into a small bowl.
To Make the Chocolate Layer:
- Add cacao powder to the 1/3 of the base mixture and stir until combined. Set aside.
To Make the White Chocolate and Raspberry Layers:
- Add melted cacao butter to the remaining base mixture and stir well.
- Measure out 1/2 cup of the white chocolate mixture and place in a small bowl. Add the defrosted raspberries to this bowl.
To Make the Cakes:
- Using a heart-shaped cookie cutter, place a heaping 2 tablespoons of the chocolate mix onto a lined dehydrator sheet. Spread evenly into the mold.
- Next, place 2 tablespoons of the white chocolate mix on top of the chocolate layer and spread evenly.
- Top the white chocolate layer with a heaping tablespoon of the raspberry mix and spread out.
- Carefully remove the heart mold.
- Continue making the layer cakes until you have 6 cakes and all of the mixes are used up.
- Dehydrate at 115˚F for 2-3 hours. Remove cakes from the sheet and place back in the dehydrator for 4-6 hours, or until slightly firm.
- Store in fridge until ready to eat.