These tofu ricotta stuffed pasta shells are delicious and indulgent! The tofu provides protein and nourishment and the fresh marinara sauce adds a bold, savory flavor. Pair this with a light, spinach salad dressed with balsamic vinaigrette.
Tofu Ricotta-Stuffed Pasta Shells [Vegan]
To Make the Shells:
- Cook shells according to package until slightly underdone. Drain and rinse with cool water to prevent sticking.
- In a pan, cook the onion, garlic and parsley until golden. Once done season with salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 355°F.
To Make the Ricotta:
- With a food processor process the tofu and nutritional yeast until smooth. Next, add in the onion mix and mix together with a spoon, finally pour lemon juice over the mix
- Pour a little sauce in the dish to just cover the bottom (this will help the pasta from sticking to the bottom of the dish). Use a spoon to fill each shell with the tofu ricotta mixture, and lay each shell in the dish. Pour leftover marinara evenly over the shells.
- Cover the dish with tin foil, poke a few holes in it, and then bake for 20-25 minutes.