Everybody needs a go-to recipe for those busy days and this stir-fry is the perfect candidate. Broccoli, carrot, red bell pepper, and other vegetables are stir-fried in coconut oil with toasted cashews until tender. They're coated in a thick, sticky sauce that's spicy, sweet, and gingery. Making this dish takes only a moment of your time before it's time to dig in!
Toasted Cashew Stir-Fry [Vegan]
For the Stir Fry Sauce:
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- A pinch of black pepper
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
For the Stir Fry:
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- A handful of snow peas
- 2 spring onions, chopped plus more for garnish
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
To Make the Sauce:
- Whisk together all ingredients in a medium bowl. Set aside.
To Make the Stir Fry:
- In a small skillet over medium heat, toast the raw cashews. This only takes a minute, so watch and stir, as needed, so they don’t burn.
- Remove from heat when the cashews are fragrant and have a bit of color to them. Transfer to a medium bowl and set aside.
- Melt coconut oil in tje skillet. Add onion, garlic, and carrot. Sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Add red pepper, cashews, and the stir fry sauce. When sauce begins to simmer, add the broccoli. Simmer on low for another couple of minutes, until soft.
- Add snow peas and spring onions. Simmer for another minute or two and then remove from heat.
- Serve over rice. Garnish with spring onions, sesame seeds, and fresh cilantro.