While traditional caramel sauce is made out of caramelized sugar, this sauce is a healthier approach, and just as delicious as the real thing. Only 3 ingredients and no heating required! Find this recipe in Bianca Haun & Sascha Naderer’s The Veginner’s Cookbook through Skyhorse Publishing!
3-Ingredient Whisk-Only Caramel Sauce [Vegan]
- 2 tablespoons of almond butter
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup, rice syrup, or agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon of water
- With a small whisk, mix the almond butter, syrup, and water until smooth.
- Let it sit for a few minutes to thicken up.
- Serve over some nice cream (found on page 182) or use it in caramel cups (found on page 169.)