This vegan cookie recipe is inspired by the everything-but-the-kitchen-sink, soft, toothsome cookie from Maggie’s Vegan Bakery in Cleveland. This gentle giant contains all kinds of good things, but shuns oil and gluten. No one will be able to tell.
The Double Chocolate “Everything” Cookie
This Recipe is :
- 1/2 cup prune puree (I used baby food)
- 1/2 cup natural nut butter
- 2/3 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup xylitol
- 1 cup rolled oats, pulsed a few times in a food processor
- 1 cup gluten-free baking mix
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. coffee substitute powder, optional
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries, chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup raw pepitas
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger, chopped
- 1/4 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the prune puree, nut butter, non-dairy milk, vanilla extract, and xylitol. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the oat through the cacao powder. Stir in the wet ingredients until nearly combined, then dump in the chocolate chips through the coconut. Stir until no dry ingredients remain.
- Using a 1/3 cup measure, scoop up the cookie dough and pat it into the cup and then level. Gently pat the bottom of the cup to release the dough onto one of the prepared baking sheets. It helps to dip the measuring cup into a little water before scooping up the dough. Pat down the cookie to about 1/2″ thick and neaten the edges if you like. Repeat until all of the dough is used.
- Bake cookies for about 20-25 minutes, switching pans halfway through for even baking. Let cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring the cookies to a cooling rack.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS
AUTHOR & RECIPE DETAILS