I have to say, this is now one of those dishes I make over and over and over again, and every time I make it it gets better as I fine-tune it to my favorite flavors. You can eat it raw vegan style and make it in about 15 minutes like a salad, or you can blanch the noodles and sauté in a pan for a hot dish. Either way, you are getting lots of nutrition without that heavy feeling you get from a traditional Pad Thai. You. Will. Love. This.
No-Noodle Pad Thai [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
For the Noodles:
- 1-2 peeled golden ,beets, spiralized
- 1 carrot, spiralized or julienned
For the Sauce:
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut nectar
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon black truffle oil (optional)
- 1/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoon raw peanuts
- 1-inch piece of ginger
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- Freshly ground pepper
For the Toppings:
- Mung bean sprouts or pea shoots (optional)
- Vegan Parmesan (optional)
To Make the Raw Version:
- Add all of the sauce ingredients together in a food processor or high-speed blender and blend until smooth
- Using a spiralizer, use the “shredder” blade to spiralize your peeled beets.
- In a large bowl or gallon plastic bag, toss the noodles, sauce, and a handful of cilantro together.
- Serve in a bowl and add toppings.
To Make the Cooked Version:
- Blanch the noodles for 2-3 minutes in boiling water, or until partially softened, or to texture preference.
- Put a little oil in a skillet and add the noodles, pour the sauce over, and sauté until the noodles are soft.
- Serve with toppings.