Chilly autumn weather is perfect for enjoying warm and spicy food for the soul, and the curry in this recipe is just that! Made with roasted sweet potato, zucchini, Thai curry paste, red lentils, chickpeas, and a few other ingredients, this fragrant curry is sure to satisfy! Make sure to serve this dish with plenty of bread for dipping, you don't want to miss out on any of the deliciousness!
Thai Roasted Sweet Potato and Red Lentil Curry [Vegan]
- 1 large sweet potato
- Ground cumin, turmeric, ginger, cilantro, and paprika, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Thai curry paste
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 small or 1 large zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup dried red lentils
- 1 14-ounce can of chickpeas
- 5 stems of baby kale
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Preheat your oven to 435°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Cut the sweet potato to cubes and place on the lined baking tray. Toss generously with the spices (feel free to use any additional spices). Bake in the oven for about 25-30 minutes or until perfectly roasted.
- While the sweet potato is roasting, dice the yellow onion and place into a pot with the red Thai curry paste and about 1/4-1/2 cup of the vegetable broth. Sauté for 4-5 minutes or until the onion comes soft and golden.
- Add the diced zucchini and 1/2 cup vegetable broth. Let simmer for a couple minutes, stirring regularly.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes to half and add in the pot with the remaining vegetable broth and red lentils. Bring to boil and let simmer until the lentils are cooked.
- Discard the baby kale stems and finely chop the leaves. Transfer to pot with the rinsed chickpeas and coconut milk. Stir gently until the kale is wilted.
- Take the sweet potatoes out of the oven and add in the curry pot, stir to mix. Remove from the heat, add any seasoning you desire, and serve.