Who doesn't love a big bowl full of noodles? They're filling, comforting, and, of course, delicious. In this recipe, Thai red curry is made creamy with coconut milk and used as a base to soba noodles with plenty of mushrooms and flavorful vegetables.This dish is versatile, so it's easily turned either into a hot, dinner-style bowl or a light soba salad bowl — it all depends on whether or not you want to go heavy or light on the vegetables.
Thai Red Curry With Soba Noodles and Sauteed Shimeji Mushrooms [Vegan]
For the Curry:
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons of Thai red curry paste
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- Juice from 1/4 lime
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Soy sauce, to taste
- Oil, for frying
For the Noodles and Vegetables:
- Two bundles of soba noodles, cooked for 4 minutes
- 1 cup shimeji mushrooms
- 1/2 cup broccoli, cut into florets
- A few handfuls of spinach
- 1 purple carrot, cut into ribbons
- 1/2 cup purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- A handful of fresh coriander
- A handful sesame seeds
- Cook the soba noodles in salted water for 4 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Add a tablespoon of oil to a pan and cook the shimeji mushrooms over medium heat for 3 minutes, or until tender. Season with salt and pepper and remove from pan.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to the pan, and then add the broccoli. Sauté for 3 minutes over high heat, then add a dash of water. Cook until tender, then season with salt and pepper and remove from pan.
- Place another pan on medium heat, add the garlic and ginger and fry for 3 minutes, until fragrant. Add the coconut milk, heat it up, and then add the curry paste. Let the mixture simmer for 5 minutes, then season with salt, pepper, lime juice, and soy sauce. Add the soba noodles to the sauce and mix through.
- To serve, place the noodles in a bowl and arrange the mushrooms, broccoli, spinach, carrot ribbons, and purple cabbage around it. Garnish with sesame seeds and fresh coriander.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS