This gluten-free recipe is made from scratch with fresh herbs and spices to bring the most optimal flavor. You can even freeze it and have it ready for later!
Thai Green Curry Paste [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 5 French onion shallots, halved
- 20 fresh green chiles, deseeded and cut into pieces
- 5 small fresh green chiles, deseeded (optional)
- 8 kaffir lime leaves, stems removed and leaves finely sliced
- A thumb of fresh ginger, peeled and finely sliced
- A thumb of fresh turmeric, finely sliced (or 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric)
- 2 stems of lemon grass, white part only, finely sliced
- 2 teaspoons of ground coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin seeds
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Add the kaffur lime leaves, galangal, ginger, turmeric, and lemon grass into a mortal and pound with a pestle until you have a coarse paste.
- Then, add the garlic, onion, fresh onion shallots, green chiles, small red or green chiles, ground coriander seeds, cumin seeds, and extra virgin olive oil, and your paste into a food processor. Blend until you get a smooth paste.
- Finally, divide the green curry paste up by putting 3 tablespoons into a small freezer bag and seal it tight. You can store in an air tight container in the freezer for up to 2 months.
If you like your curry hot, do not deseed all of the chillies and include the smaller chilies in the paste.