These golden brown waffles are so tasty. They are crisp on the outside and warm and soft on the inside. Plus, they are topped with a kale and cabbage that has been massaged in a lemon-Dijon vinaigrette that is to die for.
Sweet Potato Waffle Rosti [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Waffles:
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and grated
- 3 teaspoons ground flax seeds combined with 3 tablespoons warm water
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 teaspoons almonds, ground
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 teaspoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the Kale Salad:
- 2 cups kale
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
For the Dressing:
- 1/2 lemon, juiced and seeds removed
- 1 teaspoons tahini
- 1/4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoons rice malt syrup
- 2 teaspoons tamari
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the sweet potato rosti ingredients, and mix them thoroughly.
- Preheat the waffle iron and coat it generously with olive oil.
- Dividing the mixture in half, firmly spread one-half onto the waffle iron, ensuring the whole base is covered.
- Using a spoon, gently press the mixture into the waffle iron grooves, helping to further bind the ingredients.
- Allow the waffle to cook until it's golden and crispy.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the dressing ingredients.
- Add the cleaned and rinsed kale and cabbage.
- Massage the mixture with your hands until everything is combined and the kale and cabbage have softened.
- Top waffle with the salad.