A budget-friendly, flavorful meal perfect for a weeknight! Try this bowl after a long day for a warming, healthy recovery meal.
Sweet Potato Taco Bowls [Vegan]
- 2 small sweet potatoes, washed, scrubbed, peeled & chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- A sprinkle each of salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, dried dill, parsley, and paprika
- 1 medium head of broccoli, washed, de-stemmed & chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 1 cup Vegan beef crumbles
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste mixed into 1 tablespoon of water
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, coriander, and cumin mixed up
- A pinch of cayenne
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and prep your sweet potato.
- Once it’s ready, roast it in the oven for 30 minutes.
- While it’s cooking, start prepping your other veggies.
- Chop the broccoli and add it to a medium pot, cover with water, bring to a boil and simmer for 1 minute and drain.
- Put a frying pan on medium heat, add a touch of oil and sautée the sliced mushrooms.
- Add the beef crumbles as the mushrooms start to soften.
- Mix together the tomato paste, water, cayenne, and spice mix.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, portion them out between two bowls, add the broccoli and mushroom mixture. Serve it with chips, guacamole, and salsa.