In these awesome burgers have the sweet creaminess of the sweet potato, with the little crunch from the lentils, mixed in with the sweet, tangy, peanut buttery dressing, topped with the earthy beet microgreens. Delicious!
Sweet Potato Lentil Burger With Peanut Sauce and Beet Microgreens [Vegan]
For the Burger:
- 1/2 cup brown lentils
- 1 cup water (to cook the lentils)
- 2 cups sweet potato, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup oat flakes
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
For the Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons vegan mayo
- 1 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup arugula, packed
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt to taste
- Pour the 1 cup of water, the lentils and a pinch of salt in a sauce pan, cover.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat and cook until there is only a little crunch left (you don’t want them mushy like a paste).
- In an other sauce pan, cook the sweet potato in boiling water until soft, strain the water and mash.
- In a oiled frying pan, cook the onions until golden, add salt.
- In a bowl, combine the cooked lentils, mashed sweet potatoes, onions, oat flakes, cornmeal, cumin seeds and onion powder. Season.
- Form your patties by pressing firmly so they keep their shape.
- Add your patties in a warm, oiled frying pan and cook until golden on each side on a medium/high heat. (around 2-3 minutes on each sides)
- For the dressing, combine all the ingredients for the dressing in a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Warm up your burger buns, add the patties, drizzle with the dressing and top with the vegan cheese and beet micro-greens.