These deliciously yummy sweet potato granola bars are the perfect way to start your day or a quick snack when you're feeling run-down. They have an amazing balance of creamy and crunchy. The tahini, almond butter, and coconut oil make it stay together and also give it a delicious taste and the maple syrup gives it a lovely sweetness without being too overpowering. The cinnamon and cardamom give it a warming flavor that just balances everything out perfectly!
Sweet Potato Granola Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup activated buckwheat groats
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1 1/4 cup sweet potato
- 1/4 cup hulled tahini
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cardamom pods, seeds crushed
- A pinch of salt
- Add the nuts into a food processor and break them down into crunchy pieces. Set aside in a large bowl with the buckwheat, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, and goji berries.
- Boil water in a pot and add a steamer basket.
- Chop the sweet potato into pieces (leave the skin on) and add to the steamer basket and steam for about 10 minutes (the smaller the pieces, the quicker it'll cook).
- When the sweet potato is nice and tender, add to a food processor and pulse into a creamy mash.
- In another bowl combine the rest of the wet ingredients and whisk until combined. Add the sweet potato mash and mix until it's all combined. It should be a gorgeous and fragrant color now (beware not to eat the whole thing as is while taste testing). If the wet ingredients are too hard, you could lightly melt on a saucepan on low heat. You don't want to bring it to a boil here, it's just so everything combines.
- Line a baking tray with parchment. Add your caramel-like wet mixture to the large bowl with the dry ingredients, mix, and add to the baking tray. Use a spoon to smooth it out.
- Place in the fridge or freezer for about 20 minutes and cut into bars. Store in the fridge.
- Sweet Potato