These adorable sweet potato boats are a great choice for a delicious and nutritious dinner. Give them a try!
Sweet Potato Boats [Vegan]
- 2 large sweet potatoes, halved
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 5 spring onions, cut into chunks
- 3/4 cups chickpeas, cooked
- 2 handful baby spinach
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake sweet potatoes for 30 to 45 minutes or until tender. Use a melon baller or sharp knife to remove two thirds of the flesh.
- Sauté zucchini, spring onion and chickpeas over medium heat.
- Fill each skin with baby spinach, sautéed veggies and sprinkle with sesame seeds and salt and pepper to taste. Serve with vegan sour cream or homemade cashew cheese.
- Also tastes great if topped with melted vegan cheese (bake again for 5 minutes).