This is a simple, nourishing meal that tastes amazing! These sweet potato and quinoa patties can be enjoyed as a burger or as a salad with plenty of fresh greens. For the sauce, creamy tahini and butter beans make the perfect dressing.
Sweet Potato and Quinoa Patties With a Butter Bean Tahini Sauce [Vegan]
This Recipe is :
For the Burgers:
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup chopped up steamed sweet potato
- 1 handful chopped parsley, chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/3 teaspoon cumin powder
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- A pinch of pepper
For the Sauce:
- 1 15-ounce can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
To Make the Burgers:
- To cook quinoa, use one cup of uncooked quinoa with 2 cups of water, bring to the boil and let simmer until cooked.
- When your quinoa and sweet potato are cooked, let cool then add all ingredients into a mixing bowl and mash together until combined.
- Heat a frying pan with a little coconut oil over medium heat. Scoop out about a tablespoon full of mixture and squash together with your hands so it won’t fall apart. Press onto frying pan and let cook for a few minutes, then gently flip, you may want to use your hands with the spatula. Continue until all the minute is gone.
To Make the Sauce:
- For the sauce, simply place all ingredients into a blender, blend until smooth.
- Store in a jar in the fridge after use. Should last about 3 days.
- Serve as burgers or as a salad. For the salad, steam greens such as bok choy, broccolini and place in bowl, add quinoa patties and top with tamari soy sauce, chili, alfalfa sprouts, sesame seeds, and the sauce