This bowl full of glowy-healthy-food-goodness is a combo of tender sautéed sweet potato noodles mixed with crispy-fresh apple noodles, chewy and sweet golden raisins, with a little hint of crunch from some roasty-toasty almonds. The nutty, sweet and bright vinaigrette is where almond butter, apple juice, and Dijon mustard come together in the thickest, creamiest and most delicious of ways.
Sweet Potato and Spinach Salad With Almond Dijon Vinaigrette [Vegan]
For the Salad:
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium sweet potato, spiralized with the 3mm blade
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 large apple, spiralized with the 3mm blade
- 3 cups spinach, packed
- 3 tablespoons golden raisins
For the Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons pure apple juice
- 1 tablespoons natural creamy almond butter
- 1 teaspoons raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons organic Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt
To Make the Salad:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and place the almonds onto a small pan. Cook until lightly golden brown and toasted, about 7-10 minutes. Watch them closely as they can burn quickly.
- While the almonds cook, heat up the olive oil in a large pan on medium heat. Add the sweet potato noodles and cook, stirring frequently, until tender and wilted, about 7-10 minutes. Season with sea salt.
- Place the cooked sweet potato noodles into a bowl with the spiralized apple, spinach, golden raisins, and add in the toasted almonds. Mix well.
To Make the Dressing:
- Add the apple juice, almond butter, and apple cider vinegar into a small, microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds to soften to almond butter.
- Add in the Dijon mustard and ginger. Whisk until smooth and well combined.
- While whisking, add in the olive oil and whisk until smooth and creamy. Add a pinch of salt.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss until evenly coated.