Not only is this veggie and tofu bowl a great easy single-serve meal, it's also a wonderful dish to make a big batch of and share with friends at a picnic or potluck. It's already so full of amazing, bold flavors, but the grilled pineapple really takes this dish over the top!
Sweet Chili Peanut Tofu, Vegetable, and Grilled Pineapple Stir-Fry [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup tamari
- 1/2 cup sweet Thai chili sauce
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 large blocks of extra-firm organic tofu
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced and cubed
- 4 carrots, chopped or shredded
- 1 1/2 cups shelled organic edamame
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 medium pineapple, cut into triangles
- 2 cups brown rice
- 2 cups full-fat coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons ginger, grated
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- Add everything into a blender and blend until smooth and combined.
- Start the rice by combining all the ingredients except the basil and lime juice in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover with a lid, reduce to a simmer, and let it cook according to the package instructions. Mine took about 25 minutes.
- Once cooked, add the lime juice, basil and fluff with a fork.
- Prepare your tofu by adding the blocks to a bowl of warm salt water for 5-7 minutes. Then remove and pat dry. Remove as much moisture as possible then slice into cubes.
- In a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat, add some oil (I used peanut oil). Once hot, add the tofu in a single layer and begin to fry on one side. After it starts to brown and crisp up, about 2-4 minutes, add a little more oil and carefully flip the tofu over and fry the other side for another 2-4 minutes.
- Add in the carrots and red bell pepper and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the edamame, stir for one minute. Add in as much sauce as you need to cover the pan and bring to a simmer, cook until thickened, remove from heat. Stir in basil.
- Heat up a grill or grill pan and lightly brush both sides with oil. Grill 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Layer rice between bowls, top with the tofu and vegetable stir fry and pineapple slices. Serve with basil, lime and extra sauce. Enjoy!