Wholesome and delicious food does not have to be time-consuming or difficult! This curry is a perfect example of how easy it can be to eat well, even when you’re on a tight schedule. This healthy dish is filled with beautiful and exotic spices balanced out by creamy coconut milk. This hearty curry is guaranteed to keep you warm, cozy, and satisfied during the chilly weather.
Sweet and Spicy Spinach and Lentil Curry [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Rice:
- 2 cups white rice
- 6 cups boiled water (or enough to cover rice by 2 inches)
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1 teaspoonHimalayan sea salt
For the Curry:
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium white onion, cubed
- 1 tablespoon sweet yellow curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili pepper powder
- 2 cups puréed tomatoes, no added sugar or salt (can substitute with cherry tomatoes)
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 15-ounce can red lentils, strained and washed
- 3 cups spinach
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- Add your ingredients for the rice into a pot and cook according to packaging instructions.
- Into a large-sized frying pan, add your coconut oil and heat for 30 seconds.
- To the oil, add your onions and cook down on medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add all your spices and give a good stir.
- Now add your tomatoes, tomato paste, and water. Cook down for 5-10 minutes until you reach your desired “thick” consistency.
- Add your strained lentils and cook on low for another 10 minutes.
- Now add your coconut milk and cook for yet another 5 minutes.
- At the last minute, add your spinach.
- Garnish with some citrus, coriander, and almonds.